[lbo-talk] Vouchers Unspoken, Romney Hails School Choice

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 11:13:21 PDT 2012

[WS:] I cannot believe I would say it, but Romney's position on education is superior to that of Obama and the Democrat party. The market-schmarket talk is obnoxious, to be sure, but he seems to be moving away from federally imposed 'accountability' measures tied to standardized tests scores. That makes it easier for me to accept the prospect of Romney 2012, which now seems very likely. --------

Hard to believe that the Repubs can withstand the bribes that support the privatization of education. There are HUGE industries ready to make a LOT of guaranteed profits from the standardized testing and scripted/online "teaching" racket.

I was at a farewell party for a hi tech colleague, and one of the engineers who is politically active told me that the coming election is all about whether we want a war with Iran (Romney) or whether we don't (Obama).

Perhaps this is because I don't watch TV, but this never occurred to me that one party was more likely than another. Moreover, Iran is a country that can fight back, and we haven't fought one of those since Viet Nam.

Am I missing something?

Joanna