[lbo-talk] A Glimpse into the Fate of Ph.D's currently

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Jun 13 22:34:59 PDT 2012

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:44:47 -0400 Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Adjuncts and other academic temps do not have it that bad in comparison.

WS, have you actually done that adjunct gig? I did -- for a while -- and felt very much like a Wal-Mart stooge, encouraged by my employer to withold the grade, and badgered by my students to grant it.

I'm proud to say that I gave every of 'em an 'A', except the ones who really annoyed me. Them, I flunked.

It's good to be the King.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org

Some fine cliches there. Should be encouraged. Too many damn people trying to be different. Coining phrases when a good platitude would do and save anxiety.