[lbo-talk] newsletters

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Mar 6 04:02:08 PST 2012

are these guys like the spy-chasers at Stratfor? They trade in information that is widely available, packaging it up and reselling it as some sort of insight into the working of the economy, markets, etc. Small chunks of information suitable for reading on the john.

I suppose one giant book ought to be written on this sort of occupation in an "information economy:" gossip shows, financial newsletter writers, spy-chasers? Joshua Gamson wrote an interesting book on celebrity and gossip that would certainly lend insight.