[lbo-talk] Obama Speaks Out on Trayvon Martin Killing

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:48:08 PDT 2012

You are right. I did not realize how different the "NE corridor" is from the "flyover states." I thought there is more reason out there, but apparently there is not. I just cannot see how the the Castle Doctrine laws are not a de facto license to kill anyone you do not like. What else the phrase " reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony" mean if not a license to shoot at will. The Zimmermann case illustrates that quite adequately - he and many before him - "reasonably believed" and the cops and courts agreed with them. If I am ever in Florida (which I doubt because I typically do not travel outside the NE Corridor in this country) I can shoot Mr. Zimmermann and claim that I "reasonably believe" that he was about to harm me, because he had done so in the past. And it is a damn reasonable belief. Only in Amerikkka this can pass as a "legal doctrine."

PS. I realize that I am venting but the occasional realization of the full extent how much this country is fucked up does this to me.

Wojtek