[lbo-talk] Tim Wise loses it

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Jul 7 19:50:58 PDT 2013

On Jul 7, 2013, at 10:29 PM, JOANNA A. wrote:

> Thanks for the context Shane. But I still think he had a point.

In the context of 1794 his point was a deliberately counterrevolutionary one. The previous Pope would have endorsed it fully (the present one, I think, would find it quite ungenteel in regard to atheists).

> And I am, in general, irritated with atheists.

So am I.

> They don't seem to realize that a) you can't prove a negative...

That depends. It can, for instance, be proven that the Knight's Tour does not exist. Yet its existence seems far more plausible than the existence of a Supreme Being.