[lbo-talk] Query on Katrina vanden Heuvel

mjs at smithbowen.net mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Mar 28 10:21:30 PDT 2013

> [WS:] Wedded? Alternatives to Democratic party have been tried on a
> number of occasions and each time they failed miserably - never
> producing more than 2 or so percent of popular vote. In my book, if
> trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different
> results is not mental rigidity, I do not know what is.

This shows a somewhat narrow definition of success and failure -- the only thing that constitutes success is getting elected.

Then too it is possible that some of us non-Democrats consider electoral politics tout court a waste of time under present circumstances.

As for trying the same thing over and over again, and always expecting a different result -- isn't that *exactly* what Democrats do?