[lbo-talk] Where is the left argument for gun rights?

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed May 8 09:56:11 PDT 2013

The fact is that there are other gun owning countries whose gun-related accident/homicide rate is a fraction of that in the U.S.

So, it makes sense to read between the lines of the gun debate and ask what other factors are in play in the US.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- Jordan: "So your anti-gun stance is just another piece of your post-machismo evolution? "

[WS:] I do not have anti-gun or for that matter pro-gun stance any more than I have anti- or pro-fist stance. I believe that I said quite clearly that focusing on objects instead of human relations in which those objects are used is fetishism i.e. sheet nonsense as far as I am concerned.

But if you ask if I do not like machismo and aggressive and violent men - the answer is unqualified yes, regardless of what tools they use to express their violent behavior. I thought this was your position too, no?

-- Wojtek