[lbo-talk] Wrong Issues on the Intenet

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 11:51:05 PST 2016

I said goodbye to my personal despair back in 2010, Carrol, but in all honesty, the whole point of getting Obama in there was never about radical alternatives, which I fully agree was impossible. It was about pulling the emergency brake of History, giving us another four to eight years to limit the future damage of some horrible post-imperial backlash, and to build the beginnings of genuine alternatives. That's what gave us the tiny bit of space which led to Occupy, and Occupy opened up the space for BLM, and BLM has now opened up the space for the Resistance to come.

I have no idea what it will look like. But I can dimly sense its presence in the most progressive videogames and other transnational media texts I analyze -- it's like the flash of lightning on the horizon, or the low rumble of thunder in the distance. A Storm is coming to challenge the Shadow, and its might is beyond anything we can imagine.

-- Dennis