[lbo-talk] Speculation

Cox, Carrol cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Mar 8 11:16:54 PST 2018

The future is opaque, and one can never assume the correctness of propositions of the form "Action A in the present will have B results in the future." Mao: "Marxists have no crystal ball." Marx: The anatomy of man is clue to the anatomy of the ape." That is, only because we know homo already can we look back and discover in the "ape" the potential for the appearance of humanity.

Given that primary premise of historical thought, the following has little content, but I put it here as interesting speculation

Given human history, 1945 to 2018, The Class War is ended, and capital has triumphed. Nevertheless, it is best to go down fighting.

Carrol

P.S. The definition of right opportunism is an over-estimation of the strength of the working class, an underestimation of the strength of the working class.

The definition of left opportunism is an overestimation of the strength of capital, an underestimation of the strength of the working class.