[lbo-talk] We do not need an exit strategy. We need an exit.

Travis Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Sun Nov 20 14:19:32 PST 2005

Nathan Newman wrote:

> [...]
And this is different from the fact on the ground now? One strategy is to insist on an immediate pull out and a commitment from the USG to massive reparations to the Iraqi people to be delivered to the first popularly elected Iraqi government. And nothing stops the US from attempting to covertly undermine those providing covert support to the different fractions in Iraq. But the real politic of the situation is that the USG has no intention of leaving and no intention of supporting anyone who does not support their interests in the ME which has nothing whatsoever to do with democracy. Although it would be a nice veneer if they could get it but they are not going to insist on it. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20051120/6a62449b/attachment.htm>